It’s been an interesting couple of weeks in the office. Most notably, it’s been extremely busy, so much so that I’ve obviously had no time to write in my blog. Several things have happened that are worth noting:
- Paul has decided that after working on the two new Macs that arrived for Josh and Shane that he thinks he could actually become a Mac person. Wow, that’s amazing thing for a programmer!
- Things have been so busy here that I had to reintroduce candy into the daily routine. Currently playing: Jolly Ranchers and Hershey’s miniatures. (Guarantees many visitors to my office during the day!)
- Have you ever noticed that when you deliberately keep your calendar free because you have deadlines it’s an immediate invitation for your phone to ring off the hook?
- Sometimes the most amazing and welcome things happen when you least expect them. Niki is coming back to work full-time. Wow, now I’ll have a lunch partner to go be bad with at Chipotle’s again! Hurray!!!! I wonder how long it will take her to get us all whipped back into shape. I fear we may have let some things slide…
- While other departments are facing budget troubles, we are for the first time in a really enviable position. We’re doing well, have a great team and money to replace equipment. Good for us!
- Another unexpected blessing: Jason decided not to go to grad school right now and will be staying on full-time. The news for our team just keeps getting better and better.
- I love my job. I love all the people I work with. Life is good.
- Have you noticed the postings are much more positive when I feel well and can breathe? 🙂