I’m sitting at my desk and it’s 4:40 p.m. I had a turkey sandwich for lunch. Blah. I even had some chips, but, that didn’t do the trick either. I know, I know, all bad things for me. What I really have a craving for is some really good pizza.
Not the piece of cardboard with sauce and cheese you get in a Domino’s delivery box, but, something truly wonderful. With that I’ll launch into my random musings about pizza.
- I’m a thin crust kind of gal. Hard to believe when my figure would tell you that thick crust is more believable, right?
- I love supreme with all the veggies. However, I’m also a carnivore so it has to have meat as well. Sausage or pepperoni are my favorites.
- Why do pizza places make you ask for extra cheese? I mean really, doesn’t EVERYBODY order extra cheese? You’d think that would be standard now, sort of like large french fries.
- One of the most painful injuries is when you get a cheese burn on the roof of your mouth because you just couldn’t wait one more minute to have a bite. Will we never learn?
- The perfect pizza is a blend of just right amounts of crust, cheese and toppings. Too much crust, cheese or toppings is just bad. After all, if you have to eat it with a fork it’s just no fun anymore.
- I don’t know why some people think breakfast pizza is a new invention. I was eating leftover pizza for breakfast decades ago. Now they’ve gone and messed it up by trying to make it healthy and putting eggs on it. Eeeeewwwww!
- I’m sort of a pizza purist in a lot of ways. This whole gourmet pizza thing with toppings like BBQ chicken, spinach, pesto and such seems a little strange to me. If I want BBQ, I’ll eat BBQ. If I want pesto I’ll get some pasta and do it right. And for heaven’s sake, if I want a burrito I’ll eat it with a tortilla not a pizza crust. Really!
- People nearly come to blows when trying to define a favorite pizza. Mine depends on my mood. I love the Achilles pizza from Arris’ (beef and jalapeno peppers). I also love a good slice of canadian bacon and mushroom from Shakespeare’s, although I don’t care much for their crust. (I know, that must make me a communist or something, right?) I also love a good Papa Murphy’s pepperoni pizza that I bake at home. Mmmmm.
- I’ve gained at least 3 pounds writing this blog entry. Hungry. Very hungry. STARVING!
- You know what’s really bad? I probably won’t get to have pizza for dinner because my son had it for dinner last night. How sad. All this torture for nothing. Sigh.