I was just talking to my son Allen (who was on the cell-phone with his Dad) as we made arrangements to meet and grab a bite of lunch together. Made me think about the places we commonly eat lunch here and the pros and cons of each.
- The choice today was Chipotle. This is always one of my top favorites. It’s obviously a frequent destination because the folks at the counter don’t even ask me what I want anymore. I’m the “burrito bowl, black beans, chicken, fresh tomato salsa, a little hot red, sour cream, cheese and lettuce” lady.
- Another fave for me is Noodles and Company. My choice is pad thai with chicken. Although, I need to branch out more. I understand the pesto cavatappi is good, too.
- I love to go to lunch meetings at Addison’s. The draw for me is the sweet potato chips with horseradish cream dip. I could eat that and only that for lunch and be perfectly thrilled.
- Shakespeare’s Pizza is one of the nearby lunch locations, although I’ll admit I don’t go there often. It’s usually PACKED with students and it’s not one of my favorite destinations.
- Flat Branch Brewery and Restaurant, just up the street from my office. Handy, food is good and it’s the closest nice restaurant for meetings.
- One of my very favorites is Bangkok Garden. Thai food. Very yummy. I’m a #3 hot on the 1-5 heat category. #2 isn’t hot enough, #4 burns my lips off. Just thought you’d like to know.
- The unvarnished truth? Coldstone Creamery is a lunch destination. Cake batter ice cream with brownies, hot fudge, whipped cream in a “love it” size. I am so bad!
- Also like Chevys lunch fajitas. Beef. Mmmm. With lots of chips before and a nap after.
Want to add to the lunch fave list? Bring it on!