I love Christmas movies and enjoy nothing more than digging out all my old favorites to watch all through the holiday season. As I write this, I’m watching the Miracle on 34th Street (the newer remake). It made me think about all the holiday movies that I absolutely MUST SEE each year and their order of importance for me. Here’s my list of personal favorites and I’d love to know what yours are.
1. It’s A Wonderful Life
2. How the Grinch Stole Christmas (Jim Carey version)
3. Miracle on 34th Street (original edition with Natalie Wood)
4. Miracle on 34th Street (1994 remake)
6. Polar Express
7. National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation
8. The Bishop’s Wife
9. A Christmas Carol (Patrick Stewart version)
10. Home Alone 1 & 2
I also like the holiday TV specials like Charlie Brown Christmas and Frosty the Snowman. Reminds me of my childhood. I remember my Mom looking forward to the evenings when the Bing Crosby and Perry Como Christmas specials were on. Now I wish we had such fabulous music to look forward to. Remember the Bing Crosby/David Bowie duet of the Little Drummer Boy? Priceless.